- In case of death of a parent/retiree who was a Pension Fund beneficiary, follow the guidance outlined in the section Urgent Assistance.
- If you are the surviving spouse of a UN retiree, refer to the section Death of spouse/child of main beneficiary for guidance on how to receive your survivor's entitlement as relevant.
FAFICS (Federation of Associations of Former International Civil Servants)
- A list can be found on the FAFICS site. Please note though that this list may not be up to date.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions and often sought information)
Useful links covering many inquiries to TAS which are being made available in our ´public´ part:
LEGAL ASSISTANCE LINKS
Rechtsanwaltskammer – Vienna Bar Association
- 1010 Wien, Rotenturmstraße 13
- Tel. 01-533 271 845
Verband der Europäischen Rechtsanwaltskammern (FBE - Fédération des Bareaux d´Europe)
- http://www.fbe.org/ (default page comes up in French)
- http://www.fbe.org/index.php?lang=en (to get to English version)
- http://www.fbe.org/index.php?lang=de (to get to the German version)
- page also available in Spanish and Italian (to switch languages, use the round flag-button in the middle of the left column, whereby the German flag represents the German language.)
- http://www.notar.at (page comes up by default in German)
- http://www.notar.at/notar/en/home/ (gets you directly to the English home page)
- http://www.notar.at/notar/fr/home/ (gets you directly to the 3rd available home page, French)
Useful link to find English speaking lawyers in Vienna: US Embassy.at -> US Citizens´services –> legal matters –> attorneys in Vienna
The City of Vienna website offers a list of emergency phone numbers for retirees residing in Vienna.
Occasionally requested is info concerning Immigration and/or permanent residence/moving to Austria:
- offers businesses, Services, people in Austria.
- links to free APP for iPhones, Android™ phones, and Windows phones in respective appstores.
For IAEA Retirees: (CIGNA)
For UN and UNIDO retirees (Allianz Worldwide Care Services)
RESIDENCE IN AUSTRIA and CONTACT POINTS
- See guidance on residence in Austria for EU and non-EU citizens.
- For EU citizens, the Viennese administration in charge of residence is:
- For non-EU citizens, the Viennese administration in charge of residence is: